Wednesday 23 May 2007

CamStudio in use!

Camstudio is very useful and practical to use in a teaching environment. In yesterdays class I created a demo on how to use the address book for our email environment. When I played it for the gr 4 children they were very attentive and listened well w/o being distracted by me using the mouse or keyboard. I then had it looping for the rest of the lesson for them to follow. After the lesson I have shrunk it to email size and posted it to the grades' myclasses page (an LMS environment). As a result the children can access the demos from home and show their parents what they are learning in Info Tech lessons. I have uploaded the compressed movies for those who'd like to view them. Let me know what you think!

5 comments:

Melissa Pang said...

That sounds fantastic, especially being able to hold the students attention and watch their reactions to the footage. With your attention firmly on the kids you'll be able to spot the vacant looks when tough concepts come up and cater to their needs individually with it on loop. Well Done!!

Joanne said...

Looks great Andrew - I am now just finding out how simple much of this technology is to use and apply in the classroom. A few months ago using Camstudio would have been "too technical" for me but it's all about having the confidence to give it a go (and knowing what is available).

bill_d3 said...

I agree Andrew... I have used camstudio with Windows Movie Maker and found the combination terrific for simple explanations of rather complex operations. An example of a simple video is on my blog http://bill-d3.livejournal.com/. If a picture paints a thousand words, what does 20 - 32 frames per second paint?

Anonymous said...

Great to see that you have been using CamStudio in your IT class. I particularly like the idea of students being able to show their parents at home, the work they have been doing in class.

The flexibility of mixing such social software environments provides an interactive rich environment for students to learn in. The idea of being able to loop the video is great particularly for the students who might struggle to catch up otherwise.

Anonymous said...

xZjTy2 Hello! Great blog you have! My greetings!